Client-ID Requirement FAQs

im trying stream from my elgato capture card; but i get “{“error”:“Bad Request”,“status”:400,“message”:“No client id specified”}” when i try to link my account to twitch via elgato application

thanks

Then you will need to follow this guide to get your Client ID and include it in your request.

I don’t know how Elgato CC’s work so it may be something you can do or for them to update and push.

ok thanks; didnt work cuz i cant input the client id; so elgato will have to do an update

Thanks, i asked him, but he doesn’t reply :disappointed:

Can any of you guys help me? @DallasNChains maybe? I have added an app and created a client ID. I just don’t know where to paste the Code. I already tried everything. Header, API section and stuff…i can attatch screenshots if that’d help.

I would really appreciate help from you guys, because seeing “400” as an title is kind of annoying :smiley:

Best,
Marcel

I’m wondering, do i really need to pass a client-id when using browser? Because, you know, I’m already logged in to my twitch account… And it’s not very comfortable to manually copy my client-id and add “?client-id=blabla” every time.

Anyway, is there a way to make my browser automatically send a client-id as a header when accessing api?

If you are using Chrome, 3ventic just posted this: Client ID Injector for Chrome

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.