React embed issues? t.channel error, map of null, auto-loading last place played

Hello! I am building an app using React/Redux. I have successfully embedded the twitch player into my application but I have run into a handful of unknown issues.

1) If I DO NOT provide a channel to the options object, to play a video instead, I receive:

Invalid operation: t.channel is not implemented

If I do provide a channel, it clears it up. That said, if I provide a channel, then it ignores the video I am trying to load (per the docs). Is there something I can do to get rid of this error?

2) When I initially load the player, I am setting the time via seek. This works, I can see the desired time pop up in the player. However, if it is a video I have watched or previously loaded, it auto-jumps to that place thereafter.

Example: I have seek set to 10 minutes in. In previous testing, I had been at the 40 minutes mark. When the player loads, it seeks to 10 minutes for about a second and then jumps to my previous place in the video. I’m assuming this is some built-in assistance to help continued viewing. Is there a way to disable this feature?

My current solution is to set a delay before calling seek once again, about 5 seconds later. 10 minute marker, 40 minute marker, wait 5 seconds, back to 10 minute marker. This is clearly not desirable.

3) I am receiving these additional errors:

Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read property 'map' of null

GET https://api.twitch.tv/kraken/channels/ 404 ()

I’m not sure what is causing these issues.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.