Users list in IRC clients missing for me?

or just put it in mIRC’s options (Connect -> Options -> Perform…) to perform commands on connecting to a specific server

1 Like

ok what happend to twitch now?! previously (with the CAPs commands and membership) JTVs response in channel chat in MIRC looked like:

<JTV> the moderators of this room are: (list of mods)

now it looks like:

-tmi.twitch.tv:#(channelname)- The moderators of this room are: (list of mods)

in red.
idk whats wrong now i tried manualy using the 2 CAPs but it still outputs it like that

why i post this here: well i posted a modified MOD hashtable code that is borked now as long as this ishue is a thing…

1 Like

cool thanks (all i had to do was switch TEXT to NOTICE ) post edited

code updated again since i forgot the if $nick == JTV
this causes a opssible security ishue … if a user knows about IRC and sends a NOTICE to the bot with the same text as twitch does it will get parsed and the user could add his name to the modlist.

is this actualy possible?

This is not regular IRC, users can’t send a NOTICE, only the server can.

Continuing the discussion from Users list in IRC clients missing for me?:

You need to use “if $nick == tmi.twitch.tv” now.

Like SeeingBlue I’m also interested in where you got this get-command?
I tried it and it works like a charm, so I’m satisfied but I can’t find it in any documentation regarding tmi.twitch.tv.
I’m just curious because maybe I’m missing out on other features that I could use in my application.

By digging about Twitch’s website and reverse engineering bits and pieces.

It’s not documented as you are not supposed to use it and it could change at ANY time

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.