Are drop rewards guaranteed?

I can’t find any information about drop rewards guaranties.

1. When users complete drop requirements and claim reward, should they all get reward?

2. I found that some rewards can be awarded randomly with permission (Twitch.tv - Developer Agreement “You may not award Drops randomly (i.e., by chance) without Twitch’s prior written permission.”). How to get that permission? (In case when we want to award beta codes or some staff for random users which complete drop)

That would be expected by users.

They hit claim they expect the reward

Not sure I’ll poke someone

1 Like

When users complete drop requirements and claim reward, should they all get reward?

Yes, all users who complete the drop requirements and then claim it should get it. However if they claim long after the campaign ends, you don’t have to fulfill it. Our documentation states the following:

In most circumstances, developers are required to fulfill viewer rewards that claim and link their accounts at least 14 days from the campaign ending. For certain time sensitive campaigns, such as a limited time beta, this requirement may be waived.

Regardless, it makes for good customer service if you do allow users to claim after the campaign period ends, up until we make the Drop reward no longer visible in their Drops Inventory on Twitch (which occurs after 6 months).

I found that some rewards can be awarded randomly with permission Twitch.tv - Developer Agreement “You may not award Drops randomly (i.e., by chance) without Twitch’s prior written permission.”). How to get that permission? (In case when we want to award beta codes or some staff for random users which complete drop)

Drops are not to be awarded randomly, and generally there isn’t many (if any) circumstances where Drops were awarded randomly without using a system similar but different to Drops.

Instead, along with your normal Drop that gets awarded, you can award beta codes at random based on users who have completed the Drop. For example, if you wanted to grant beta access to your game, you can give a guaranteed in-game item for that game (which they will get when it launches), and then once the campaign has ended you can query the Drops data from your side and pull linked users you want to give the beta access to.

That situation is to be done separate from your Drop campaign, and not advertised as part of the campaign on Twitch. Meaning you can’t say something like “Earn a Drop and enter a chance to get a beta code!” on Twitch.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.