[Beginner] Creating and pulling from chat

I am brand spanking new at this so my apologies in advance.

I am currently looking into being able to pull usernames and messages from Twitch Chat’s as well as info from my own personal website into a separate Chrome Extension at the same time. During this, my extension will also relay information that it receives and processes back to specific files on my website which will run on a clocked loop. Now, I’m brand new to this and I have very little JS, HTML, and CSS knowledge (Basically the first few lessons found on Codecademy) thus, I am wondering if it is possible for me to even do this in the first place, and secondly if so, can someone point me in the direction of how?

An added bonus to me asking for stuff out of this air, does anyone know of a place where I could learn more about API for beginners? Twitch/Justintv API more specifically?

Thanks!

Any JSON API tutorial for whatever language you intend to use should do the trick. It’s actually really straight forward. The difficult part is handling (i.e. authenticating, fetching, sorting, storing, retrieving) the data in your chosen language.

As for the API description, the Twitch staff has done a fairly good job with what’s available on GitHub. It’s the best source for your answers to those questions.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.