When an extension uses a required segment for the configuration service you can’t send chat messages. Once you remove the required configuration service segment it works perfectly.
Steps to reproduce :
- Create a new Extension
- Add chat capabilities to version 0.0.1 and set the configuration as “configuration service”
- Install extension version 0.0.1 on a test channel
- Complete and run this code (nodejs)
- You will get a message “test” in chat on your test channel from the extension
- Add a configuration service segment requirement, either
broadcasterwith the version
1to your extension version 0.0.1.
- Run the code again
- The message is not sent in chat and you get a 401 error response from the server.
As you will see, you don’t change anything in the code, only in the config and you can’t send messages anymore.