Hello. I am currently learning node.js by making my own twitch chat bot.
On my streamelements overlay. I have a custom followers label. This shows the ‘currentfollowers’ and ‘followergoal’ variables in the format x / y
An example would be:
follower goal: 43 / 100
When someone follows my channel. I would like to have my chat bot increment the StreamElements counter ‘currentfollowers’ by 1.
The simplest (and least attractive, messiest) way to do this would be:
- My bot becomes aware that someone new has followed.
- StreamElements can communicate with my bot via twitch chat.
- my bot increments the StreamElements ‘currentfollowers’ counter via chat,
- I am unsure of how my own bot can become aware of the new follower event. Either through the twitch API or StreamElements API.
When I reach a milestone, for example, 100 followers. I would like the bot to automatically increment ‘followgoal’ by 10. It would continously keep doing this so I wouldn’t need too.
Preferably. This could all be done with an interaction ‘behind the scenes’ between my chatbot and streamelements, directly, without using twitch-chat as a middle-man. As there are obvious issues with that:
- would not be suitable for multiple follower events in a short time-frame.
- bot cannot post the same message twice.
Hopefully someone experienced can send me in the right direction. Thank you.