Cutting VOD's programmatically

I’ve been developing a bot for the last few months and I’d like to explore the “Cut VODs” ability granted via the “channel_editor” permission. Ideally I’d like to have a !highlight <comment> command that would programmatically create a VOD/highlight of the last X minutes of gameplay.

Is this possible, or is the action of creating highlights only doable via point-and-click on the twitch website? I can’t really find any documentation anywhere online about this.

While not functionality built into the public API (Kraken). The video manager uses a request similar the one below which you might be able to try your channel_editor token with it.

POST /api/channels/CHANNEL/video_manager/v0000000/create_highlight
Host: api.twitch.tv
Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=UTF-8
Accept: application/vnd.twitchtv.v2+json

Form Data:
start_time=8
end_time=50
title=Test+Title
description=Test+Desc
game=Minecraft
language=en
tag_list=tag1%2C+tag2

okay awesome. Does the user need to have “Archive Broadcasts” turned on in their channel settings for this to work?

Yes

okay great, thank you so much!

Hey, I was recently looking into this same feature, I was just wondering if you managed to get it working? I keep on getting “Token invalid or missing required scope” error message even though I’m using a fresh token with all the possible scopes

I haven’t had a chance to play with it. I personally don’t stream and the people who do use my bot don’t record their streams so I haven’t had an opportunity to even start playing with the idea.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.