Developer Console - Can't add new application/extension

Please Monitor this github issue for updates:

Hi, I’m trying to create a new application through Twitch Developers
Whenever I complete the form and click on “create” the reCaptcha clears itself and nothing else happens…

Sounds like related to Developer Console - Can't add new application · Issue #634 · twitchdev/issues · GitHub

Seems to have something to do with the “Game Integration” category, as the creating it with any other category works fine.

I’m experiencing the same issues with naming but specifically with creating a new extension. Regardless of the name, I receive the error: Sorry, an error occurred when submitting the field on this page. Please double check the name field and then try saving changes again..

I’ve been trying for the past couple days and the issue persists. Checking the console I see this GraphQL error: [GraphQL] One or more GraphQL errors were detected on request 01G9R09G4DW3SK20K9FZG7BR3X.. I’ve asked others to also attempt to create a new extension that had the same first error message I mentioned.

@BarryCarlyon is this a known issue that is currently being addressed?

Moved post to not necro a slightly unrelated post.

See github 634

Thank you.

Howdy!

I’m trying to create a twitch extension but I’ve hit a road block in the place I’d least expect.
For some reason I am simply unable to create an extension.

Any extension name I input results in a:

Sorry, an error occurred when submitting the field on this page. Please double check the name field and then try saving changes again.

The names I tried do not contains the words “Extention,” “Twitch,” or the like.

===

Taking a look at the console reveals that pressing the “Continue” button results in this error:

[GraphQL] One or more GraphQL errors were detected on request 1234567890ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOP. DevExtensionCreatePage_CreateExtensionClient: service error

With this attached JSON object representing the request / response of the associated GQL call:
in this case I tried to create an extension with the name “MeroroTest”

[
    {
        "request": {
            "operationName": "DevExtensionCreatePage_CreateExtensionClient",
            "variables": {
                "input": {
                    "name": "MeroroTest",
                    "redirectURI": "https://localhost",
                    "organizationID": null
                }
            },
            "extensions": {
                "persistedQuery": {
                    "version": 1,
                    "sha256Hash": "01234567890abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz01234567890abcdefghijklmnop"
                }
            }
        },
        "response": {
            "errors": [
                {
                    "message": "service error",
                    "path": [
                        "createExtensionClient"
                    ]
                }
            ],
            "data": {
                "createExtensionClient": null
            },
            "extensions": {
                "durationMilliseconds": 1,
                "operationName": "DevExtensionCreatePage_CreateExtensionClient",
                "requestID": "1234567890ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOP"
            }
        }
    }
]

This error consistently occurs between Chrome / Edge / Firefox

===

Is this some sort of transient issue?
Or is there something that I am missing / doing wrong?

See github 634

I’m trying to register an application but when I try to create it, nothing happens.
It just gets stuck on this screen and when I check the console its giving out an error message

I would suggest this very generic nmae is already taken and it can’t surfce the error properly for some reason

Changing the name doesn’t change the error output

seems like a recurrance of Developer Console - Can't add new application · Issue #634 · twitchdev/issues · GitHub which was fixed

Also make sure you have 2fa enabled on your Twitch account in case it’s that blocking

Your screenshot also shows a second empty redirect URI, remove it and try again!

From the GitHub Link, It doesn’t seem like it’s fixed…?
I do have 2fa enabled
Removing the second URL doesn’t seem to change anything

That github was built off the back of Create Extension Button not working

which was fixed late last week but seems to have reoccured.

So you should probably tack your report onto the github issue. And then just waiting for Twitch to get into the office to take a look

1 Like

Hi, I’m trying to create a new application through Twitch Developers
Whenever I complete the form and click on “create” the reCaptcha clears itself and nothing else happens…

I’m trying to register an application but when I try to create it, nothing happens.
It just gets stuck on this screen and when I check the console its giving out an error message

Moved a pile of threads and posts for the same ongoing issue to this thread.

As per OP please monitor

for updates

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.