Extension Rejected for loading External Images

Policy 2.8
Your Extension is attempting to load external files, either from a CDN or other private server, and this will cause your Extension to not function in production. Please make sure that all files that are required by your Extension to function are included in your upload.

How do I load images for an extension if not from a CDN? I can’t include these images in the files I upload to twitch as the images won’t be known at the time of publication. If this is a policy violation how is it that other apps (like twitter feed and instagram feeds) can load external images?

Reply to the email you got asking for clarification.

2.8 refers more to Javascript libraries rather than to images. As you are right:

It would suggest the reviewer ran into an issue with your extension and it didn’t work correctly, and in testing it found you had a extension something causing the issue.

Thanks for the reply.

All the JavaScript files are included as part of the package.

The only thing I can think of is we load a JSON data file from our EBS upon load, or when an update notification is received via PubSub. Obviously this is necessary to show the correct information related to the broadcaster so I would not expect this to be the issue.

The only other fail is with the load of jQuery. Currently we load jQuery from one of the files uploaded as part of the package. If we include the script tag as recommended by the tutorials, the script is blocked by the browser, and the extension doesn’t work at all.

<script src=“https://code.jquery.com/jquery-3.3.1.min.js” integrity=“sha256-FgpCb/KJQlLNfOu91ta32o/NMZxltwRo8QtmkMRdAu8=” crossorigin=“anonymous”></script>

was changed to

<script src=“jquery-3.3.1.min.js”></script>