Hi guys I want to get stream key with Python but I am very beginner and I do not know exactly what I should do please guide me
If you refer to the documentation
It’ll describe the required authentication:
- User OAuth token
- Required scope:
This means you’ll need to generate a user access token, with the scope
- OAuth implicit code flow - Getting OAuth Access Tokens | Twitch Developers
- OAuth authorization code flow - Getting OAuth Access Tokens | Twitch Developers
Both flows will require a webpage that redirects the user to Twitch to accept or decline the link.
The first (implicit) gives youi a token good for around 60 days
The second returns a token good for around 4 hours, but comes with a refresh token that you can use to get a new access token.
When you have a token then you can call the Get Stream Key API and fetch the user stream key.
So you’ll need
- to create something that can process the fetching of an access token.
- create something to store the access token (and refresh token)
- use that refresh token as needed to get a new access token
THEN you’ll be able to write some code to then actually go get the access token.
Thanks for the helpful tips
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.