I’m trying to embed the chat from the “8ball_TV” channel in the 8balltv.club site. To test this feature, I’m developing locally on localhost. Here is the iframe i’m using:
<iframe id="8ball_tv" src="https://www.twitch.tv/embed/8ball_tv/chat?parent=8balltv.club" frameborder="0" scrolling="yes" height="500" width="350"> </iframe>
Steps to reproduce:
- In the iframe’s chat message box, write a message.
- Click “Chat”.
- Observe dialog that reads “Login will open in a separate window”, and click “Log in” button.
- Observe a newly opened browser window that is pointing to “https://www.twitch.tv/?no-reload=true”
- Log in to twitch account OR see that you’re already logged in.
- Navigate back to the browser window pointing to my site.
Expected Results: Chat box should now function after a successful login message
Observed Results: A dialog with text that reads “Waiting for login from separate window…” and a spinner. This dialog never goes away.