IRC view timeouts or bans

Is it possible in IRC for a bot to see information on timeouts and bans, e.g. is there some IRC numeric codes that happen or something.

I noticed in the IRC doc (https://github.com/justintv/Twitch-API/blob/master/IRC.md) there is CLEARCHAT mentioned but I’ve tried checking for that (and variations of timeout/timed out) as a message in my bot and get nothing.

To receive CLEARCHAT messages you need to request the /commands Capabilitie.

From IRC.md, sending:

CAP REQ :twitch.tv/commands

Enables USERSTATE, GLOBALUSERSTATE, ROOMSTATE, HOSTTARGET, NOTICE and CLEARCHAT raw commands.

Ok now I can see the CLEARCHAT messages but is there a way to identify /ban & /unban commands? Essentially /ban & /timeout give me the same message (CLEARCHAT #channel :user) and /unban gives me no messages. @livewhiletrue

Sadly, there is no difference, and unban is hidden. Requests to have the name of the moderator who performed the action has also been requested, but no ETA at this moment.

Possibly they are looking into a way of displaying this information so that only the broadcaster or other moderators can see.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.