Is it just me? Where did all of the "bot" accounts go?

I have an app that monitors my Channel chat for me. It has not shown any accounts that most consider to be bots in the last two streams. Say an account like Drapsnatt that is normally connected to over 100k channels or more. I was wondering if Twitch h as done something to restrict accounts like that, or if its just some odd occurrence. For the past 3 years when I stream, the number of apparent bot accounts usually equals that of my regular viewers (say 15/15 respectively).

Twitch changed the number of concurrent channels users can join Giving broadcasters control; concurrent join limits for IRC and EventSub

Essentially, users are limited to 100 concurrent channels, not including any channels where they’re a mod or the broadcaster has granted an app certain OAuth scopes to act as a bot.

Ah, so this will merely require the various bot owners to retool their bot to use the EventSub Webhooks or Conduits to continue monitoring large numbers of channels simultaneously then? i.e. Twitch changed the rules and these bot accounts have not caught up yet?

If that is the case then presumably they will start showing up again at some point, but will still appear as viewers, or does using EventSub mean they are hidden from broadcasters? Any idea?

Regardless of if the bots use IRC, or EventSub, without the broadcaster authorizing the app as a channel bot, or modding the bots, they’ll be limited to 100 channels.

Which is why most of the idle bots are largely gone as the broadcaster rarely auths with those apps, or gives them moderator status. Where as the ‘proper’ channel bots such as Nightbot, Moobot, etc… those have been aware of these changes for a long time, and the announcement had a long lead time, so most legit bots have already updated as needed.

Okay, so one of the main features of the app I have been working on is now more or less moot. Sigh. I have been filtering known bot accounts out of the broadcaster’s display in my app and showing them separately so that the broadcaster can easily see the most likely actual viewers. My app does other things like let the user easily change chat modes etc and I am still adding features, but one of the core elements is now mostly redundant :stuck_out_tongue: