Response when message is invalid because of slow mode, subscriber mode etc

Hi!

I’m in the process of writing a Twitch plugin that uses the IRC API. Things are coming along pretty nicely but the one thing I can’t figure out is how to handle situations where sending a PRIVMSG to the channel is invalid. For instance, when a chat is in subscriber mode a text saying something like “Suscriber mode only, click here to subscribe” appears or if the chat is in slow mode it says that I can’t type a new message for x seconds. When sending a PRIVMSG to these channels however I don’t receive these types of messages back from the server, it just quietly swallows them. Is there any way I can recieve these messages and display them? Do I need to request them somehow? I could probably check to see if the channel is in sub mode only and manually display a similar message but that seems very error prone.

Thanks for any help!

The replies are NOTICEs so you need CAP REQ :twitch.tv/commands

I’ve requested commands using CAP REQ :twitch.tv/commands and am recieveing NOTICEs like “This room is now in slow mode. You may send messages every 120 seconds.”. I’m not getting the messages that I mentioned in my first post.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.