Scope not updating?

Previously my bot was just using user_read. I have changed my call to to include channel_check_subscriptions, and channel_editor. When my users try to log in they are seeing the new permissions, but according to my only scope is user_read. I also can’t pull back the subscriber list (err 401).

What am I missing? I deleted all my previous twitch cookies and tried, and still don’t have the new scope.

I believe you need the channel_subscriptions scope to get the list.

channel_check_subscription Read whether a user is subscribed to your channel.
channel_subscriptions Read all subscribers to your channel.

Are you using the new OAuth token that is generated or trying to use the old one? (just wondering)

That is a good question I am probably using the old one I had captured. Do I need to generate a new one, or can I just capture the one in the call back?

You generate a new oAuth each time.

Yeah I went back and looked, the access token. I had one of my users who has a sub button reauth and get me the token. I placed it in my header (with the client ID and accept) and went to

now I am getting 404 channel does not exist.

If I use their name instead of their ID I get
403 “The current authorization is not valid for this context”



with the id or

Accept: application/vnd.twitchtv.v5+json

in the header

Thanks, I thought I could just use the accept header to specify v5, didn’t think I had to put it in the url

see my edit above.

the accept header isn’t working for me for some reason.

Header name: Accept
Header value: application/vnd.twitchtv.v5+json

(while using the modify headers firefox extension).

Maybe something will play nice when I put it in code and stop trying to get at it this way.
Thanks for the help.

No problem! Have fun.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.