Whether a webhook of type drop.entitlement.grant is issued when the Drops campaign is `Test

We are implementing a feature that will allow you to receive pre-set Twitch Drops rewards.
We have set up a Drops campaign and its rewards and created an Eventsub subscription.

We expect a drop.entitlement.grant type webhook to come in for watching a pre-defined amount of time.

However, even though the viewer has received the Drops reward, the webhook does not seem to be coming.
When a viewer receives a reward, does the webhook get issued if the Drops campaign is set to Test?
Or does it have to be set to Enable for it to be issued?

1 Like

Eventsub subscription is made with this command
The <> enclosures contain specific values.

curl -X POST 'https://api.twitch.tv/helix/eventsub/subscriptions' \
-H 'Authorization: Bearer <AppAccessToken>' \
-H 'Client-Id: <ClientId>' \
-H 'Content-Type: application/json' \
-d '{"type":"drop.entitlement.grant","version":"1","condition":{"organization_id": "<OrganizationId>"},"transport":{"method":"webhook","callback":"<Callback URL>","secret":"<Secret>"}, "is_batching_enabled": true}' 

It occurs when someone clicks the claim button on the drops page

For example if/when I complete the inprogress drop a [claim] button will appear (similar to the [connect] button). When it’s claimed then you should get a notification.

Thank you for your reply.
I also apologize for the lack of explanation.
I have completed the in-progress drop and pressed the CLAIM button, but I do not receive the webhook.

Does it matter in this case that the status of the campaign is Test?
Do I need to set the status to Enable instead of Test for the webhook to be delivered?

The webhook should be delivered when the campaign is set to Test.
Check the Get Drops Entitlements API call to make sure it was properly inserted, and also verify your EventSub subscriptions to make sure you are correctly set up for receiving the drop event.

Thanks for the reply.

I had neglected to run the Get Drops Entitlements API to check.
It was due to not checking the webhook_callback_verification properly.
I have fixed it and confirmed that the webhook is coming in correctly!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.