Get only "recurring" sub with the API

Hello,

As Twitch lunching Partener Plus I would like to add a sub counter wich return the subs that count to obtain the goal (350 recuring subs on 3 month atm)

To do this counter I would like to get only the “recurring” or “paid subs” from the API (no prime and no gift)
Here are 4 solutions that I encounter:

1. I tried using this route (GET https://api.twitch.tv/helix/subscriptions) but it seem that there are no differencies between Prime and recurring.

2. I can obtain the information from the CVS that is provided Creator Dashboard but twitch may not like that I generate the file every minute to update the counter haha.

3. I can try scraping the Creator Dashboard page as it have all the information i’m looking for but I pretty sure thats against TOS and it’s pretty offusced.

4. I could try to create a duplicate of the subs Twitch database and update it with every event from Twitch IRC USERNOTICE tags but as I can’t see who is sub in advance anywhere I will need to wait 6 month to be sure to get every long term subs in my duplicate database.

I can’t seem to find a good solution, does someone have an idea ? or do you know if twitch is changing their api since they added partner plus ?

Thanks you in advance guys :smile:

I’d use 2 to preseed the database
Then use 4 to remain up to date (and a mix of eventsub for real time rather than just chat itself)

Otherwise waiting to see if Get Broadcaster Subscriptions Recurring flag – Twitch UserVoice is actioned

1 Like

The channel.subscribe.message Eventsub notifications provides subscription streak and cumilative months when a subscription occurs: EventSub Subscription Types | Twitch Developers
Could subscribe to that and process the relevant data to pull out the quantity of qualifying subscribers?

Sadly you can, if you want to, not share your subs.
Even if it’s unusual you would still have a wrong sub count :((

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.