Issue with refreshing token for user

Hi,

I’m using Python to log into a Twitch account to act as a chat bot. This has been working fine, however last night I suddenly received the error message:

Login unsuccessful with token "****". Check your scopes for "chat_login" and try again.

I’ve not received this before. I tried refreshing the token and got the same error - and from what I can tell, “chat_login” is a deprecated feature/code? I checked the library I’m using which makes no mention of this wording, so I assume it came from Twitch.

In the end I went back through the manual auth process and that fixed the integration, but I’m concerned that this might happen again and I want to know how I might be able to combat it without having to re-login - or if this was a ‘glitch’ on Twitchs end (this example happened 2023-07-08T00:47:07.721+01:00).

For some extra information, I’m using https://id.twitch.tv/oauth2/validate for logging in, and TwitchIO for connecting to chat, which is connecting via wss://irc-ws.chat.twitch.tv:443

Thanks,

Dan

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.