Twitch Developer Day took place on Friday, November 13, and we wanted to take a few minutes to revisit announcements and share videos from the broadcast.
Full details of our keynote announcements can be found on the Twitch Developer day blog post. The key takeaways are:
Introducing EventSub – A transport-netural solution for event subscriptions. EventSub defines the Twitch events you can subscribe to (e.g. subs, Cheers) and then you choose the transport protocol that works for your application.
Twitch API Updates – A number of feature additions that will make the migration from legacy endpoints easier to accomplish.
- v5 OAuth scopes now automatically map to Helix OAuth scopes. See the v5 to Helix migration guide.
game_nameis now included in the Get Streams response payload eliminating the need for multiple API calls.
created_atis now included in the Get Users response payload, which has been proven useful for moderation tools.
All Highlights from the broadcast can be found in the Twitch Developer Day 2020 Collection, or you can jump directly to any video below.
- Twitch Developer Day Keynote with Travis Brown, Anushri Gupta, Eric Cressey, and James Sun
- Developer Spotlights hosted by Jon Bulava
- Warp World - Crowd Control with Jaku
- Better Scenes - Better Points with Rohan Richards
- Mega Cat Studios - Bite the Bullet with James Deighan and Nate Flynn
- Spaceflower - Viewergames Arcade with Michael Hengstmann
- StatsHelix - Twitch Extensions and SDK with Dana Kawar and Moritz Uehling
- Larian Studios - Baldur’s Gate 3 Twitch Extension with Octaff Fieremans and Thomas Tuts
- Rare Limited - Sea of Thieves Drops Campaigns with Jon McFarlane
- Open Forum for Twitch Staff Q&A with Travis Brown, Jamie Catton, Jordan Potter, Jameka March, Mike Chen, Adam Butterfoss, and Ilona Koren-Deutsch
- Live Coders hosted by Mike Chen
- Using the Channel Points API via comfy.js with Instafluff
- Chatbot integration and moderation controls using the Channel Points API with CSharpFritz
- Leveraging the Channel Points API in Minecraft with Dkamps18